Volunteers – Birmingham
We accept volunteers of all ages and stages! Come and learn about dog handling, dog body language and dog training from our team. Whether you’d like to work with dogs in the future, gain experience or get involved in a regular community group, everyone is welcome!
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Your CV
- A covering letter including why you’d like to join us for volunteering or why you’d like to work with dogs.
Freelance Dog Behaviourist & Trainer – Birmingham
Pawfect Dogsense is delighted to offer full time freelance positions to experienced dog behaviour specialists. We are looking for confident and experienced trainers to take on training dogs and their owners in private residential homes, as well as running outdoor puppy training/ specialist training classes in public parks. You will be required to teach life skills for domestic dog owners such as boundary work, separation and relaxation training, basic and intermediate obedience with clicker training, client confidence building, body language and anxiety management exercises, and design and implement behavioural management plans for clients with stressed, fearful, phobic or reactive dogs. You will need to be flexible with your time as many of our consultations take place in the evenings or at weekends and as this is a freelance job-role you will be responsible for your own Tax and N.I.
Pay Scale: £25 p/h
- Based in the West Midlands or willing to move to the region
- A full driving licence and own transport
- A qualification in canine or animal science, or related field OR a teaching/ psychotherapy qualification + a minimum of 2 years experience training dogs
- A thorough understanding of learning theory including classical vs operant conditioning and the 4 quadrants of operant conditioning.
- A minimum of 100 hours dog training experience with a range of breeds
- A compassionate spirit for people as well as dogs
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV
- A Covering letter including a list of training exercises, advice topics or commands you are confident to teach
- A list of dog related books or journals you have read and courses you have attended
- A short summary of your handling or training experience with dogs
- 2 Case Studies for behavioural problems you have evaluated and solved with clients and their dogs
- A list of your favourite trainers and why their techniques or training style inspire you
- A short description of classical vs operant conditioning and 4 examples of training techniques that describe: Positive Reinforcement , Negative Reinforcement, Positive Punishment & Negative Punishment